Friday, September 15
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Peas - 1 cup
Cinnamon ,Cloves - 2 each
Bay leaf - 2-3
water - 2 cups
cashew - 1/4 cup(optional)
sugar 1 tsp
1. Soak The Basmati Rice in water for half an hour before cooking.
2. Wash & drain the rice.
3. In a rice cooker or in a pan take some butter/ghee.
4. AS it starts melting add bay leaf,cinnamon,cloves.
5. fry for a minute till the aroma starts filling the room at which time start adding chopped Peas.
6. Fry them briefly & add the rice,salt & sugar .
7. Fry it till all the rice is quoted with ghee & spices.
8. Add the water & cover the lid.
9. In a seperate pan add a little butter & fry the cashewpieces & keep aside.
10. Garnish the rice with cashews.Enjoy it with Channa Masala