Y`day i was searching all blogs for my dinner dish which can be made in a very less time and i found Rava idli on veggiedelight.I saw the picture of tht rava idli..it was Tempting & mouthwatering...and i decided to make them and tried and am Successful...HOORAY!!!!!! i recieved loads of compliments from my husband...
Special thnx to Jayasree of veggie delight .For the original recipe chk out jayasree blog : http://veggiedelight.blogspot.com/2006/09/rava-idli_14.html
Anywayz here is the recipe:
Sooji (Rava) - 2 Cups
Oil/Ghee - 5 Tbs
Green Chillies - 5/6
Thick Curd/Yogurt - 2
CupsOnion - 1 (Cut into small pieces)
Baking Soda - 1/2 Spn
Mustard - 1/4 T.Spn
Urad Dal - 1/2 T.Spn
Bengal Gram - 1 T.Spn
Broken Cashew nuts - 10/12
1. Fry the sooji for 2 minutes and mix with curd without forming any lumps
2. Heat oil and add the seasonings.
3. When the mustard splutters, add onion and fry for 2-3 minutes
4. Add this to the rava batter along with salt, baking soda and finely chopped green chillies. Also add the corriander leaves. Mix well.
5. Grease the idli plates with oil and spread the grated carrot and/or cocunut on the plate.
6. Pour the batter over this and steam cook for about 7-10 minutesServe hot with a side dish of your choice.
My choice of side dish Chickpea powder chutney/dhalia powder (putnala pappu chutney)
1 cup chickpea powder
1 tsp chilli powder
coconut milk or water as required
mustard,chana dal, urad dal - 1tsp
red chillies,green chillies
Mix all the above and the chutney should be with enough consistency
Note: i tried making dosa with the above batter and it came out well..u can also give a try...
Rava idli,rava attu with putnala pappu chutney